HST9 Shear Force in a Beam
The HST9 Shear force in beam training equipment is designed for educational institutes to investigate the bending moments and forces within a structure. It enables students to include uniformly distributed load (UDL) to apply across the span of the beam for comparison of results with a single point load.
The entire training equipment kit is available with tools and an instruction manual to perform the different laws of shear force, strain, stress, young’s modulus, shear force diagrams and verification of equilibrium of vertical forces and moments.
- Visual demonstration of shear force at a 'cut' in a beam
- Comparison of experimental results with theory
- Creation and use of shear force diagrams
- Shear force variation with varying point loads, load positions and
- load arrangements
- Use of force transducer to monitor shear force
Weights & Dimensions
Weight: 6 kg
Storage temperature: -10°C to +70°C
Operating temperature range: +10°C to +50°C
Operating relative humidity range: 0 to 95%, non-condensing