We offer multi-axis load cells with 3 and 6 mutually perpendicular axes to measure multiple compression and tensile forces. They measure forces/torques occurring in more than one spatial direction, as with measurements in x- and y-direction. The 3-axis load cell is used for force measurements, while the 6-axis load cell is used for both force and torque measurements. These sensors feature multiple bridges that help in the precise measurement of the applied force from one direction with little or no cross-talk from the force or moment. They also significantly save a lot of space and installation work in comparison to installing several single-axis sensors.
High capacities and low profile Multi-axis Load Cells provided by Bestech Australia measure force/load from 0,5kN to 0,250kN along three axes (X,Y,Z) and the corresponding torque from 0,200 Nm to 0,700 Nm (Mx,My,Mz) simultaneously. High-quality multiaxial load cell is ideal for large-scale structural engineering applications.
- Measuring range: 2 N to 500 kN
- Operating temperature: -20 C to 85 C
- Accuracy: 0.5%
Some applications of multi-axis load cells are:
- Force control in handling machines
- Force measurement during assembly processes
- Three-dimensional load measurement
- Measurement of friction forces
- Inspection tasks in quality assurance
- Materials testing
- Integration into wind-tunnel models
- Integration into handgrips and tools in medicine
- Measurement in sports medicine and biomechanics
- For regulating fitting and handling processes in micromechanics