Bestech Australia offers a full-day training course for strain gauges. The course combines both theoretical and practical knowledge required for technicians and engineers to correctly apply strain gauges for testing and strain measurement. This workshop covers the basics knowledge required to select the correct strain gauges, wiring and analysis skills to achieve the best possible results. The course schedule is flexible and can be customized to suit the needs of your organizational schedules.
*Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further details and notifications of the future workshop.
– Strain Gauge Basics
|Gauge factor||Material applications||Lead wire|
|Gauge selection||Strain direction||Poisson’s ratio|
|Resistance||Size, Shape, Pattern||Self-heating|
– Strain Gauge Application (includes practical exercise)
|Surface preparation||Protective coating||Checklist|
– Wiring techniques & error correction
|1/4 Wheatstone bridge||Lead wire compensation|
|Full Wheatstone bridge||Error identification & Correction|
|2/3/4 Lead wire connection||Trouble-shooting|
– Coffey Information
More training programmes on request.
|Included in Course Material||– TML Strain Gauge User’s Guide, Tokyo Sokki Kenkyujo Co, Tokyo|
– TML Strain Gauge Performance Characteristics, Tokyo Sokki Kenkyujo Co, Tokyo
|Textbooks||– Window, A & Holister, G (1984).Strain Gauge Technology, Bedford UK:Applied Science Pub.|
– Dally, J & Riley, W (1978). Experimental Stress Analysis, NY:McGraw-Hill.
– (2009) Code of Practice for the Installation of Electrical Resistance Strain Gauges, Bedford UK: Brit.Soc’s for Strain Measurement [http://www.bssm.org/default.asp?p=152][viewed on 23/09/2013]
|Specific Technical Notes||– La Var (2005) Shunt Calibration for Dummies. Western Regional Strain Gage Committees; Summer Conference|
– Strain Rosettes for Strain Measurement, [www.efunda.com][viewed on 23/09/2013]
– Chau, F.W (Jul. 1987) Effect of Transverse Sensitivity of Strain Gauge. Experimental Techniques, Vol 11
– Stein, P.K. (Jan/Feb 2009) Back to Basics; Self Compensation. Experimental Techniques
– Ueda, K & Ueda, A (1998) Dynamic Response of Strain Gauges Up To 300kHz.Experimental Mechanics, Vol 38, Issue 2
– Bartel, F & Yaniv, S (1997) Creep & Creep Recovery Response of Load Cells……J.Res.Natl.Inst.Technol, Vol 102, No.3